Background and Purpose of Internship
In order to cultivate an awareness of issues through social experience, IIW students are required to have internships in Japan or overseas.
About the destination
- The internship can take place anywhere in the world. It is not necessary to limit the internship to companies, but international organizations, NPOs, universities, etc. Please choose from a wide range of perspectives. In addition, in order to broaden your knowledge, you are allowed to carry out your internship at the University of Tokyo that is in a laboratory different from your own specialty.
- Those who already have experience for a job in institutions may be exempted from this requirement at their own request.
- Internships at multiple locations are also acceptable.
Reference Site Information
Last Updated on July 16, 2021
- Support for Travel expenses New!
https://www.candc.or.jp/en/schedule.html (The NEC C&C Foundation)
- In the HP New!
There is a UTokyo site named Go global Website,which introduces University-wide Programs and Program lists for going abroad.
Please have a look.
- Please refer to https://www.u-tokyo.ac.jp/adm/go-global/ja/scholarship-index.html for information on study abroad locations. New!
- NEC is currently accepting applications for internships. https://www.iiw.i.u-tokyo.ac.jp/internship/intnecrd/ The due date has already passed, but they are offering internships throughout the year. New!
- Fellowships at Microsoft Research Asia (until June 30)
- Study abroad information, etc. New!
https://www.taf.or.jp/grant-b/02/ (For doctoral students only)
https://奨学金.net/abroad.html (list of organizations that give scholarships)